In order to open a VM personal savings or deposit account you will need to present the following supporting documents.
Acceptable Forms of personal identification
- A Passport
- A Driver’s licence
- Jamaica’s Electoral Registration ID Card
- Citizenship or Resident Card for countries outside Jamaica
- For minors – a school identification with student’s photograph and signature, birth certificate, passport, or a certified passport-sized photograph
Two character references
Please note any two of the following persons may act as character references on your behalf:
- Director or permanent staff member of The VM Group
- Customer’s Employer (Conditions Apply)
- Principal of a School
- Senior Officers and Managers of a regulated financial institution
- Justice of the Peace
- Attorney at Law
- Notary Public
- Minister of Religion
- Medical Practitioner
Tax Registration Number (TRN)
Proof of Address
- Residential address of each account holder on personal accounts and of each signing officer on non-personal accounts must be verified.
- Current utility bill with the name and address of the customer.
W9 or W8Ben (if applicable)
Proof of Income:
Acceptable documents include:
- Most current pay slip
- Job Letter
- Tax returns
- Income Statement Form
Once you complete your online application it goes immediately to the appropriate department for you. An experienced VMBS Member’s representative will review your application within 48 hours. Immediately after reviewing your application form for any errors or inconsistencies you will be contacted by VMBS.
Your personal representative will introduce themselves to you and arrange an appointment for you to visit one of our branches for you to complete your application and begin an extraordinary journey with us that will change your life.
Do not forget that you may contact us at anytime, you do not have to wait on us to contact you by simply calling us here.