VMBS Account Opening Requirements
Thank you for choosing to become a Member of the "Better Society". Opening a VMBS account is easy and you may start the process by applying online. Please note, that you will need to visit the VMBS branch near you with valid identification and other supporting documents to complete the account opening process. Get started today, apply online and save time.
Personal Account Requirements
In order to open a VM personal savings or deposit account your will need to present the following supporting documents.
Acceptable Forms of Personal Identification
- A Passport
- A Driver's license
- Jamaica's Electoral Registration ID Card
- Citizenship or Resident Card for countries outside Jamaica
- For minors – a school identification with student's photograph and signature, birth certificate, passport, or a certified passport-sized photograph
Two character references:
Please note any two of the following persons may act as character references on your behalf:
- Director or permanent staff member of The VM Group
- Customer's Employer (Conditions Apply)
- Principal of a School
- Senior officers and managers of a regulated financial institution
- Justice of the peace
- Attorney at law
- Notary Public
- Minister of Religion
- Medical Practitioner
Tax Registration Number (TRN)
Proof of Address
- Residential address of each account holder on personal accounts and of each signing officer on non-personal accounts must be verified.
- Current utility bill with the name and address of the customer.
The Home of Financial Independence