VMBS Account Opening Requirements
Thank you for choosing to become a Member of the "Better Society". Opening a VMBS account is easy and you may start the process by applying online. Please note, that you will need to visit the VMBS branch near you with valid identification and other supporting documents to complete the account opening process. Get started today, apply online and save time.
Company/Financial Institution Accounts
The following documents should be obtained:
- The original or certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Either copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association or a copy of the Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate of Good Standing (Certificate obtained from relevant regulatory authority)
- Certificate of Registration (For foreign company intending to do business in Jamaica)
- Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- The resolution appointing the authorized signers or a certified extract of th minutes of the Board meeting at which the decision was taken to open the account.
- A letter stating the following:
- The mandate of payment
- The names and signatures of the signing officers
- The named signing officers will remain on the records until the Society is duly informed.
- Identification and character references of each signing officer
- Proof of address of each signing officers
- A financial statement of the business
- List of names, address and nationalities of principal owners, directors, beneficiaries and management officers, including evidence of the identity of the natural persons(the individuals that ultimately own or control the corporate entity).
- Group structure (If part of a group)
The Home of Financial Independence